Bourton Baptist Church are organising a Christian Children’s event on Sunday 14th July at 4pm, aimed at children and families – but enjoyable for all who are young at heart and want to come along.
Jim Bailey is an ordained minister who works full time in Childrens ministry – he has confirmed he will provide his ‘Jim Bailey Family Show’ for us. It is 1.5 hours long, great fun, using song, comedy, and puppets. (www.jimbailey.org)
This event is to create the opportunity for our God to speak to the children and families in this area. With prayer, the event will be transformed – with prayer we can bring God and his Holy Spirit into every aspect of this event. Your prayers are so important: with prayer, God will move in power: with prayer, the Holy Spirit will encourage and bring people to this event, and they will hear the Good News. This was Jesus’ commission to us.. please pray!
Please pray for –
- Jim Bailey and his family as they prepare for and then run the show (both for us, and anywhere else), that the Holy Spirit will move in power through the show and Jim’s ministry
- People who hear or see information about the event on July 14th will be encouraged to come
- All the different practical aspects for organising – the venue facilities are all working, the posters and information gets to the right place, the tickets for the event are available for those who want them
- Pray for those who are speaking to others (people or organisations) inviting them to come
- To cover costs, we are asking for churches/Christians to purchase tickets – pray that the church families will respond by purchasing family tickets at £10 (or make a donation)
- Pray that the families (or any Christians) in our churches will come as witnesses to non-Christians at the event - and show that being a Christian is not boring and we can have fun!
- Pray for the children and families at the schools and organisations who receive info and an invitation to receive tickets (at no cost) for the event – that they and their families will respond and come
- Local primary schools in Bourton, Great Rissington, Cold Aston, Stow,
Northleach, Sherbourne, Swell, Bledington, Longborough, Moreton
Pre-school clubs – Bourton nursery/OSC, Noahs Arc, Bumblebeez, others..
J-Team (Bourton Baptist Church primary school age club on Fridays)
Junior Sports clubs for children – cricket club, tennis, riding, football
Beavers, cubs and scouts, Rainbows, Brownies and Guides groups
Pray for all those who come to the event will be aware of the presence of God’s Holy Spirit. As part of the show, there will be a children friendly low key gospel appeal. Pray that people will hear and respond.
There will be people ready to talk and pray with children (or anyone) who responds to the Gospel at the end of the show – pray they will be filled with Gods Spirit in those discussions and prayers.
Pray for the local Christian events in the immediate week(s) after the show, that people who come on 14th July will be brought into Christian fellowship and a deeper faith in God
Curve Active Café and Messy Church on 21st July 4pm at Upper Rissington
Sunday morning services at the local churches – pray for the leaders of the childrens work, and the church congregations, that any new families are welcomed into the church family and encouraged in their faith